Mega Corp. is seeking a Welder who cuts, assembles and welds both steel main-structured and steel sub-assemblies on the manufactured products using blue prints, sketches, and verbal instruction. Able to accomplish flat and horizontal welding tasks related to production of mobile water tanks, trailers, dump bodies, stationary structures and piece work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes bridge cranes to position parts and assemblies during production
- Operates both manual and automatic flame and plasma cutting equipment
- Exchanges empty cylinders of oxygen, shielding gas, and fuel gas for full cylinders using a hand truck/dolly
- Assist Machine operators on an as needed basis
- Utilize the following welding processes Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Assists with the fit up and assembly of products
- Assist Machine Operators or Laborers, as deemed necessary by management
- Ability to use cranes, pneumatic grinder, manual flame cutting torch
Other duties may be assigned.
This Position Supervises: This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years of experience, but will provide on-the job training to appropriate employee
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual. Basic knowledge of learning and numeral ability
- Must have ability to understand blueprints, visualizing plans, and welding symbols
- Have good eye-hand coordination
- Must be able to follow repetitive work and follow verbal instructions. Must be able to perform precise work to close tolerances
- Must have the ability to pass welding test: AWS 1.1 position 3G with E71-T1 electrode GMAW Process
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions..
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be capable of standing, bending, and climbing for long periods of time
- Must be able to use equipment to help lift miscellaneous steel parts, assemblies that may weigh up to several thousand pounds
- Must be able to push, pull or drag suction hose on to tanks that weigh anywhere from 10-100lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly exposed to various weather conditions including but not limited to: cold, heat, or wet
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud
HAZARDS Inherent risk of crane operation and normal hazards found in heavy equipment manufacturing.
- Fumes caused by welding- protection provided
- Electrical shock from welding process
- Ultraviolet light radiation from both welding and cutting processes
- Operation of cranes present inherent risks of bodily injury
- Risk of cuts and abrasions from grinders and edges of steel plates, etc.
- Risk of explosion from flame cutting process
- All welders are required to wear leather work gloves, hard hats, safety glasses steel toed boots, and any other protection required for a particular welding task. Explosive/fire hazard from flame cutting
Mega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a drug-free workplace and require pre-employment testing.